JOY

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Ever read something and you know you've read it hundreds of times before, but for some reason this time it registers differently?


Well, that happened to me a few weeks ago. On December 6, I read Psalm 16:11 in my daily Bible study. A portion of that verse says, "in your presence is fullness of joy." Light bulb moment... in God's presence there is joy. In the days to follow, I ran across "JOY" repeatedly, in other scriptures, in song, on Pinterest and on Christmas cards, and every time I was reminded that "in God's presence there is joy."

This week I was listening to our local Christian radio, KVNE, and they were discussing New Year's resolutions. They suggested that rather than making resolutions, why not choose a single word to define your coming year. Joy instantly leaped into my mind. That's my Word!

You've all seen my chalkboard globe before. I've used it for Valentine and Christmas messages in the past. (You can see them here and here.) I decided to update the globe with JOY as a daily reminder of my Word.

I also clipped it from a card and added it to the enamel box on my counter-top.


When I put away the Christmas decorations, I decided to leave my little wreath next to the sink.


And, I filled the first page of my new journal for 2016 with words of joy to help me stay focused.


If I can consciously choose to live in God's presence, then I can live in joy regardless of my circumstances.

I choose JOY for 2016.

What word would you choose?

Here's a Heart Rock for your Pocket:
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. James 4:8

Wishing You God's Joy,
Elaine

1 comment:

  1. I know that feeling. Sometimes it's like, 'why didn't I see that before' feeling.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.