The Front Porch

Saturday, June 7, 2014

There's just something about a porch that I love. It's the place we greet our friends and kiss our loved ones goodbye. It's part of our homes. It's also a great place to have breakfast on a lazy Saturday morning or sit on the steps with a sister and giggle or end the day with a glass of iced tea... I could go on and on...
The Boy and I made this greeting for our porch years ago with rocks collected on a camping trip from Albert Pike, Arkansas. It is starting to show its age, but I'll never let it go. Levi carried off the "o" when he was just a toddler and it hasn't been seen since and he dropped the "welcome" and broke it, but who cares? It's just adds to it's value!
I love this pair of old cement planters. I picked them up at a garage sale in Louisiana a long time ago.
The "cow cabbage" that grows in them is very special. My grandparents gave me a start of it long, long ago. It is the toughest stuff ever. My sweet grandma is no longer here but the gift she gave me is.
This sweet little chippy chair sits by my front door and welcomes everyone with its shabby collection of old bird nests. This whole things was actually a gift from one of my sister. I left it exactly as she had it. Fun!
I have two of these metal barrels. They were sold to me as "English Rain Barrels", now whether they are or not, I don't know but I do like them. The other one is in my living room.
I love anything galvanized. These have such a great patina (and cobwebs...just keeping it real)!
I also have an old mop bucket on my porch that serves as a plant stand. I hate to mop!!!

Here's a Heart Rock for Your Pocket:
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control... Galations 5:22-23

Wishing you God's Best,
Elaine

Join me over at:
Funky Junk
Inspire Me Please
Craftberry Bush
Thoughts from Alice
Shabbilicious

French Country Cottage
Home Sweet Garden Party
Cedar Hill Farms
Tweak it Tuesdays
Coastal Charm
Knick of Time
 











23 comments:

  1. Michelle BarganskiJune 7, 2014 at 7:54 AM

    Beautiful! You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I love your galvanized touches! The rain barrel is the coolest thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! I can't resist anything galvanized...the older the better!

      Delete
  3. What a cute porch, love the rain barrels. Galvanized is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came over from your feature on Feathered Nest Friday. I love the welcoming spirit of your porch - especially the chair of nests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful porch and how very special that your chair comes from your sister. Love the bird's nests! Congrats on being featured at Feathered Nest. That is where I found you.
    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great ideas!@ I too love to repurpose in the garden... so cute. I would love for you to share it at the Home Sweet Garden Party!

    See the post here ---->>>http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/2014/06/home-sweet-garden-party-610.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a charming porch. Love that old chair with all the nests...also how wonderful that you have that plant from your grandmother.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you at Coastal Charm. Love the aqua chair with the bird nests. What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.