Radio Flyer Wagon on the Front Porch

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Earlier this month, I shared my front porch with you. (you can see it here) It was several days afterwards that I realized I didn't include the picture I had taken of my wagon, so now it gets to be in the spotlight alone. 
I had been wanting an old Radio Flyer for my front porch, but they can be hard to find. I found this one at Canton, TX. It is very faded, but I like things that show their age and have stories to tell. 
For me, wagons always evoke memories of childhood. Like this one...
I remember this day... our Granny lined us all up in the wagon so she could take our picture. That's me in the back with my cousins and one of my sisters. (I was getting squashed!)
The wagon makes a great display on the porch and I change it with the seasons. In the fall, I fill it with pumpkins and at Christmas it holds a small cedar tree. Really cute!
In the summer, it's perfect for flowers and can be easily moved around. 
I hope that whoever the little child was that found it under their Christmas tree or wrapped with a great big bow for their birthday has wonderful memories of their wagon. I'm just keeping it safe for them. Just looking at it makes me happy. I wonder if their Granny took pictures too?!

Here's a Heart Rock for your Pocket:
 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Wishing you God's best,
Elaine

Join me over at:
Coastal Charm
Knick of Time
Cozy Little House 
Funky Junk  
Feathered Nest Friday 
Shabbilicious 
Fishtail Cottage
Rooted in Thyme
Amaze Me Monday
Funday Monday
The Scoop
Share Your Cup
Thoughts from Alice
Creative Country Mom
Savvy Southern Style
 


34 comments:

  1. Love this idea. My wagon from childhood is just sitting in my garage collecting dust. I think I'm going to use in on our front or back porch to do something similar. I've also seem them used to make a succulent garden. Beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's special to have your own wagon. I'm glad your parents saved it for you. Be sure to send me a pic when you decide what to do.
      Elaine

      Delete
  2. Hello Elaine,
    Oh I love shopping at Canton and I love that darling wagon that you found there.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! I was excited. Wishing I was at Canton today!!
      Elaine

      Delete
  3. Love your wagon, glad you found it to give it new life. Glad you left it as it was. It looks very nice with plants and watering can in it. I'd love to find a watering can like that.
    I have an old wagon that has gotten kinda tattered looking. I bought it in KY to haul my laundry basket to/from clothes lines. Hard on my back to carry heavy laundry basket with wet laundry .When we moved to CO hubs wanted to leave it behind, no way. It just sits in yard now as I have a bigger, heavier wagon now but after seeing your wagon used to hold plants mine is going to also. I'll put it on our small front porch. Can hardly wait to put things in it to give it another life, think it will be much happier having a good purpose. I don't have have a galvanized watering can but think my old aqua one will do. Glad you shared this wonderful idea. Happy summer/weekend days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love for you to send me a pic once you get it set up. I like sharing ideas! I picked up my galvanized watering can at Tractor Supply a few years ago, so it's not old. I just like galvanized things!

      Delete
  4. Elaine, Love your red wagon! Happy Sunday!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jody. I'm going to visit you over at Simple & Sweet Fridays! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your wagon! You did a nice job of filling it tastefully with the vintage buckets and the watering can!! very cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous of that wagon I can't tell you lol - I've wanted one forever for the exact same reason - childhood memories ( and the fact that they're a pretty gorgeous relic from the past doesn't hurt ! )
    It looks beautiful!
    Coming by via Knick of Time
    Hugs from Montreal
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I have 2 wagons from when my kids were little...3 if you count the wagon full of nuts and bolts in the shed!
    Your's is cute full of Sedum...
    always enjoy reading your Heart Rocks...
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love the adorable wagon. Oh, how I wish I had the one my children played with so many years ago. Many sweet memories. Thanks for sharing your memories and the wagon. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful that you inherited the Radio Flyer!
    What memories you must have of your fun in it.
    The photo is really just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a darling planter! I've featured it in this weekend's upcoming Party Junk... more soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Old wagons are great display pieces. I had an old one in one of the flower beds at my previous home. Our son bought the home and I left it there for them. Every time I see it I miss it. lol! Love it filled with plants! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your lovely post at Home Sweet Garden Party! You are on of this weeks featured posts! I hope you can join us again this week too! I am finishing up the post and it will be live in a few minutes. {www.creativecountrymom.com} Hugs...Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love old wagons! I love how how you fixed this for your porch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What is planted in the buckets in the wagon? Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We call this 'cow cabbage' but I don't really think that's a legitimate name. It is a form of sedum and garden departments often have a variety of this. I hope you are able to locate something similar.

      Delete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.