Treasure Hunt

Friday, October 23, 2015

My dad called one morning this week and said, "Hey Girl, wanna go on an adventure?"
Well, with him, that could be a loaded question leading in all directions.
My response was, "Maybe. What kind of adventure are we talking about?"
"A treasure hunt!"



Well, that was all I needed to hear. I was in!
I'm most excited about finding this decorative piece of cast iron from an old wood burning stove.
Isn't the design pretty?


Please excuse the dirt, but I'm sharing these exactly as they came home with me. I'll clean them up later. Look at this glass milk jug with the wire handle still attached. 



This old milk can is a ghost of life long ago.



A couple of old gallon jugs...


...and bottles...


...and more bottles.

Treasures!

Here's a Heart Rock for Your Pocket:
Search for it (wisdom & understanding) as you would for silver.
Hunt for it like hidden treasure.
Then you will understand what it means to respect the Lord.
Then you will begin to know God.
Proverbs 2:4-5 ICB


Wishing you God's best,
Elaine


Join me over at:
From My Front Porch to Yours
Share Your Cup
Shabby Art Boutique
French Country Cottage
The Charm of Home
Nancherrow
Romantic Home
Thoughts from Alice
Found and Forged
Dwellings-Heart of Your Home
Inspiration Monday
The Scoop
Home Stories A to Z
Cozy Little House
Beyond the Picket Fence
Coastal Charm
DIY by Design
Ivy & Elephants
Savvy Southern Style
Work It Wednesday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Share Your Cup
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi AnnMarie,
      Yes! My childhood dream was to be an archeologist... I love finding things!

      Delete
  2. How fun! Thanks for sharing your treasure with us @Vintage Charm! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post brings back childhood memories for me, Elaine. I used to dig bottles with my father all the time. I think it's where I developed my love for all things antique and vintage. I'd love to go again some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun adventure to share with your dad! Did you have to dig these treasures up? Fun, fun! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Treasure indeed. I love those rustic finds.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.