Garden Trellis from Recycled Bikes & Garden Gates

Friday, April 25, 2014



I have an unusual trellis at the end of my brick pathway that is made from part of a recycled jungle gym, two old bikes and two old gates. I know it sounds awful, but it's really great and my vine is in full bloom right now, so I wanted to show you.
We built the trellis by cementing four 4x4's into the ground and attaching an arch from the jungle gym on top. The arch is now covered with flowers and is no longer visible from the outside.
On each side I placed one of the old bikes, which serves as the trellis.
The bikes do not match and they each have their own unique features. This one has big fenders and a rack over the back wheel.
The flowers look pretty trailing down the rusty old bike.
This one is a Royce Union.
Who wouldn't want to ride a "Missile"?
...a Murray Missile with a headlight?
I recently added an old gate to the inside of both sides, which just gives it more character.
This is my favorite shot! It's so peaceful.

Here's a Heart Rock for your Pocket:

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; John 14:27

Wishing you God's best,

Elaine

Join me over at:
Funky Junk
Common Ground
Wonderland and Company
Thoughts from Alice
Inspire Me Please
The Stone Gable
Coastal Charm
Beyond the Picket Fence
Shabbilicious
French Country Cottage
Savvy Southern Style
Fishtail Garden
Timewashed
Creative Country Mom
Craftberry Bush









 

25 comments:

  1. Love this! I've got a gate and an old bike......gave me an idea!!

    Shelly
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it. When you do, send me a picture! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. AWESOME!! I love this Elaine!! We DO like the same stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine-
    Love this!
    I have an old bike in the barn and have wanted to incorporate it into our fence..I already have an old bed frame along one side of the fence/gate-- and would like to ad more old metal bed frames---
    just haven't found the right stuff yet.
    Yours...is gorgeous with that vine.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, you're going to have to pull that old bike out and find just the right spot for it. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. wow - what a gorgeous archway! love the color of that flower! Thank you for joining in the garden party over here at Fishtail Cottage! Can't wait to see you again this Thursday! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a unique idea - love this! The vintage bikes just add so much charm and character to your lovely arbor.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Suzanne
    Pieced Pastimes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your step-by-step guide and the photos are truly inspiring. Thank you for sharing your innovative gardening ideas, and I'm eager to try out this trellis project. For anyone seeking discounts on gardening supplies, "promocodehq" might be a valuable resource.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog post about creating a garden trellis from recycled bikes is not only eco-friendly but also incredibly creative! Repurposing old bikes into functional and decorative elements for the garden is such a brilliant idea.
    how much is 30 dollars an hour annually

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I love how your blog combines substance with style. Your writing is not only informative but also engaging, making it a joy to read. It's evident that you pour your passion into every word, and it doesn't go unnoticed."
    https://savingcentstogether.com/promotions/heroforge-voucher-codes

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Your blog has become my sanctuary for intellectual nourishment. The thoughtful analysis and well-researched content make it a reliable source for those seeking not just information but a deeper understanding of the subjects at hand."
    https://usepromos.com/how-to-get-vaseline-out-of-clothes/

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I plan my own DIY project, it occurs to me that 'spend bill gates money' could be another way to embrace sustainability, allowing us to shop consciously and stylishly. Kudos for the innovative eco-friendly touch!"

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.