A Little Bit of Halloween

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Trick-or-Treating was never a part of my childhood. We lived a long way from town and didn't have next door neighbors. It just didn't happen, but we would carve a pumpkin, have a big bowl of candy and watch It's a Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. As we grew older, we would go for a hayride and build a bonfire . Now that we're not kids anymore (and our kids are not kids anymore) we still have a tradition of gathering in the fall, carving pumpkins, cooking a big pot of chili, sitting around a fire and going for a hayride. You should see us! Even my 80+ year old grandpa goes with us. I hope I never outgrow acting like a kid!
I've added a little bit of Halloween to my fall decor just to keep things fun!
Little white pumpkins under glass and a Scrabble "Boo!"...
...and a "Full Moon" too.
 I found these charming little pumpkins at an estate sale...
...and recently picked up this tray with a handsome wooden inlaid owl. My dollar find turned out to be a collectable treasure made by Couroc, manufactured in Monterey, California. 
I've added a burlap wreath to the front door...
...and a few pumpkins stacked on an old crock.
I pick pumpkins based on their stems. The more gnarly the stem, the more I like it! This is a good one!
 Here's a happy little Jack-O-Lantern with a really gnarly stem!
 I hope you have a safe and fun Halloween.

Here's a Heart Rock for your Pocket:
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8

Wishing you God's best,
Elaine

Join me over at:
Cedar Hill Farmhouse
Dwellings
Monday Funday
Cozy Little House
City of Creative Dreams
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicous
Friday's Unfolded
Thoughts from Alice

4 comments:

  1. Great decorations,a hayride sounds fun, have a good time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love owls!!! What great find! I also have recently been enjoying decorating with burlap. It seems to be very popular! Have a wonderful Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting, Ann. Come again soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.