An August Trip to the Flea Market, Canton, TX

Monday, August 18, 2014

I've been going to Canton, otherwise known as First Monday Trade Days in Canton, TX, my whole life. A lot has changed over 40 something years, but one things hasn't... It's still great fun and the best place to shop! You can find anything under the sun here, from fancy, high end antiques, to rusty old farm tools, to clothes and jewelry, to chickens. They have it all! ...including this adorable camper!

This was the most fun thing I saw this weekend... but it wasn't for sell. Me & Betty Sue had brought this into their booth for decoration! It was certainly luring shoppers in!
A trip to Canton is not complete without a visit to LaurieAnna's, which is why she was first on my agenda for the day! She has the greatest shop, well, see for yourself! It is full of wonderful gift items and Laurie and her team provide such great inspiration with their creative displays. I love it and you will too! You can also visit LaurieAnna's and shop online.
 Next up was The Gypsy Pearl. They have a mix of beautiful old furniture, hand crafted jewelry and a great gift shop, as well as, creative ideas. Look below at the old lamp shade frame with an old lace slip draped over it. Too, cute!


I also visited Harvey Girl which has a great mix of vintage lace, burlap and buttons for a feminine style. They have lots of great items that would be perfect for a vintage style wedding.


I love the le vie la Junk booth. They always have great vintage items and such shabby style. I can always find a little something here.


Now for my favorite part of Canton...the outside junk area! The place that I get to hunt for those perfect treasures to be turned into my own fun creations! There is one booth that I call Coach on the Corner. The same family has been on this corner for 30 years and I've bought my fair share from them.




Seeing all this junk laid out makes my heart race! We had a great time and I brought home lots of treasures!

Here's a Heart Rock for your Pocket:
You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.  Jeremiah 29:13

Wishing you God's best,
Elaine

Join me over at:

Thoughts from Alice
Dwellings - The Heart of your Home
Finding Silver Pennies
Stone Gable
Coastal Charm
Cozy Little House
Knick of Time
Savvy Southern Style
Adorned from Above
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious
Funky Junk
Rooted in Thyme

18 comments:

  1. Can't believe I live in East Texas and have never been to Canton. I'm not giving up though, it's still on my bucket list. That's for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mary, you've got to make that trip, but allow yourself plenty of time....it's a big place. Thanks for visiting Heart Rocks!
      Wishing you God's best,
      Elaine

      Delete
  2. I need to find me a flea market in my area. I haven't been to one since I lived in Texas when I was in high school. My mother used to love going to them and I had to tag along. Didn't love them back then but oh how I'd love to go to one now. Thanks for sharing :) -Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bev, I didn't enjoy it when I was kid either. I couldn't believe we had to stay all day long and look at old junk! hehe! Funny how time changes things.
      Have a good one - Elaine

      Delete
  3. Wow! I would go crazy here, especially in the outside junk area. I'd need a semi truck to haul it all back home. Thanks so much for sharing your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been trying to get to Canton for years now, so maybe this was just the kick in the pants I needed. Is there a best time of year to go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime is a good time, but it's a lot easier spend the day when the weather is good.

      Delete
  5. I decorated my whole dorm room via Canton several years ago in college. I used to go all the time and not I haven't been in a few years. I want to go now!! I also love Gypsy Pearl. Cute booth for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find everything you need in one place. You'll have to plan a trip soon!
      Thanks for visiting me. Come back soon!

      Delete
  6. I've heard of both Canton and Round Top, TX. Are they the same place? Looks like lots of treasure hunting fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry, I'm not familiar with Round Top. I've been to Round Rock near Austin. They have a great antique shop on the square but I'm not sure about a flea market. Thanks for stopping by. Come back soon!

      Delete
    2. Round Top is in Round Top, Texas. Population of 90, which increases to 250,000 during the antique fair. It's close to Brenham and La Grange, about right in the middle between Austin and Houston. It's only twice a year. This year's dates are September 19th-October 5th. It is 25 miles of antiques/junk and includes venues in surrounding towns. The busiest time will be October 1st-5th. Buyers for national chains come from all over the nation and world.

      I learned all this from seeing it in a Country Living magazine, and looked it up on the internet. We booked a room in Brenham and will go to the Blue Bell ice cream factory tour while we're there.

      Delete
  7. Hi.. I just found your blog and am following. I love your picture of all the heart rocks. It sounds like you had a really fun time in Canton. I've heard of it and would love to visit sometime. I really enjoyed the pictures you shared. I'm a lover of God, fellow junker and collector of heart rocks! It's nice to meet you.

    Blessings,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to meet you, too!! This is fun! I'm sure we could have a great time together! Visit often!
      Sisters in Christ

      Delete
  8. I am so jealous! That looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. From up here in Chicago, it's not likely I'll make it to the Canton market anytime soon. Thanks so much for sharing. It looks like one could get lost for days!! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. visiting from simple and sweet fridays. That looks like an awesome market

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.