Decorating with Vintage Fans

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Fans have always been a part of my life. I admit, I'm addicted to them. I can't sleep without one humming next to the bed. It's pitiful, but I love my fans! 
I grew up in East Texas in an old farm house with no air conditioning. If you haven't experienced a Texas summer, let me tell you, it's just plain old HOT! As a child, fans were always humming and breezes always blowing. I didn't know any different, it was just life!
I began collecting old fans a long time ago and have displayed them in my home for years. I have a couple on top of the fridge in the kitchen...
...a few more on top of a cabinet in the dining area...
...and one in the living room.
The ZERO's are my favorites...I think!? I have three different sizes and colors and like them grouped together.





I don't run the old fans, but just their presence is somehow comforting. 

Here's a Heart Rock for your Pocket:
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles... 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Wishing you God's best,
Elaine

Join me over at:
Creative Country Mom
Share your Cup
Funky Junk
Feathered Nest Friday 
Fishtails
Shabbilicious
Thoughts from Alice
Amaze Me Monday
Funday Monday
The Scoop
Tweak it Tuesday
Show & Share
Knick of Time
Rooted in Thyme
Savvy Southern Style


 







4 comments:

  1. This is so interesting! I LOVE vintage everything but have not come across any fans in my thrifting adventures. What a great decorative item! I will have to keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girlie, you are a girl after my own heart. I love and collect old fans too! I only have three. Two with aqua and one with red. But I would not hesitate to bring home another (or 2 or 3) lol! If I was fortunate to run across them. I think they are a wonderful display piece as well. Love your collection! Must admit, can't sleep with the noise of a fan, but love my window open and listening to our small waterfall. Isn't it funny what we get use to? Thanks for sharing them with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have three now and I love them in my collection of vintage things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! Many memories of my aunts home, no air conditioning and the fan was always running, it is comforting.
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.