Sprucing Up The Office To Feel A Little More Like Home

Saturday, May 24, 2014

I think any of us who work outside the home have used the expression "our home away from home" to describe the office, simply because we spend so much time there. Why not make it an extension of home? I believe personalizing our workspace, no matter how large or small, helps us to feel more comfortable and makes us more productive.
I put an old shelf that was taking up space in my attic to good use by hanging it over my desk. It now displays some of my favorite pictures and treasures. I got the inspiration for the pictures from Pinterest.They are simply an artist canvas painted with chalkboard paint (I love chalkboard paint!) and I've added pictures printed onto card stock and glued to the canvas. I then added scripture using a liquid chalk pen. When my work world gets crazy, I can look up and see these wonderful calming photos and it helps me refocus. They are stress relievers.
Here are some of the other touches I've added to personalize my space.
I found the bird's nest walking into work one morning and added an egg painted on a rock which was a gift from a special friend.
...more goodies next to the printer.
Lamps always improve a space. Here I've added just a special touch with paper flowers.
Pictures of those we love and special artwork are a must. They remind us that work is just work so that we can keep our priorities in line. I also like cute folders.
I use an old mirror, again from the attic, as a dry erase board. It works perfectly.
Just in case I've somehow disillusioned you into thinking my office is nice and neat, here is a wide shot so you can see I have stacks of paper everywhere.

I hope this has inspired you to add some special touches to your office.

Here's a Heart Rock for your Pocket:
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Wishing you God's best,
Elaine

Join me over at:
Inspire Me Please
Craftberry Bush
Shabbilicious
Feathered Nest Friday
Thoughts from Alice
Wonderland and Company
The Scoop
 

2 comments:

  1. LOL stacks of paper! Looks just like mine. A favorite bible verse too! Loving your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.