Favorite Things: Vintage Seam Binding

Friday, February 21, 2014

Hello,
I don’t enjoy sewing, but I love vintage sewing notions especially old seam binding and I snatch it up every chance I get!

 I usually find it at estate or garage sales, flea markets or junk stores and I use it everywhere.


This is the original key to my home which I have hanging with a beautiful snippet of champagne colored seam binding.


I use it to hang all sorts of things…pictures, wreaths and trays.


I use it to add a special touch to gifts, which can be as simple as a white lunch sack with holes punched and a seam binding ribbon to tie it closed.


Here I’ve used old peanut butter jars (a gift from The Boy) to display scraps of seam binding that I found in an old sewing box at an estate sale.



Here’s a Heart Rock for your Pocket:

The Lord heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

Wishing you God’s best,
Elaine

2 comments:

  1. All of these seam bindings are so colorful!
    I love seeing them. I bet your crafty place is adorable!
    I like the vintage peanut butter jars...
    everything.
    I bet I'm going to like your style!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.