Using Vintage Peaunut Butter Jars

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I would venture to say that just about everybody has fond memories of peanut butter. I don't really remember eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but I've eaten my fair share of peanut butter on saltine crackers.  Many of my life adventures have included peanut butter crackers!

I've found myself with a collection of vintage peanut butter jars and here is how I'm using them.


My Boy gave me two jars that I'm using to hold vintage notions found at a garage sale.


They are in the laundry room so no one sees them but me. They're my little secret treasures in jars.


I also use them in the kitchen. They hold wooden spoons and a pastry cutter on the counter. The large mouths of the jars work great for holding objects.


They also work great for holding silverware.


You may remember my post on Memory Jars, I've added a peanut butter jar since then, filled with items from our trip to California last year. It's taken it place on the kitchen window sill. 


Here are a few jars that will be available in my Etsy shop later this fall. More info on that to come!


I'm hungry now... time for a snack!

Here's a Heart Rock for your Pocket:

We have this treasure from God, but we are like clay jars that hold the treasure. This shows that the great power is from God, not from us. 2 Corinthians 4:7

Wishing you God's best,
Elaine


Join me over at:From My Front Porch to Yours
Share Your Cup
Shabby Art Boutique
French Country Cottage
The Charm of Home
Nancherrow
Romantic Home
Thoughts from Alice
Found and Forged
Dwellings-Heart of Your Home
Inspiration Monday
The Scoop
Home Stories A to Z
Cozy Little House
Beyond the Picket Fence
Coastal Charm
DIY by Design
Ivy & Elephants
Savvy Southern Style
Work It Wednesday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Share Your Cup
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious

1 comment:

  1. I love vintage jars for storing all sorts of things. The graphics are always what catches my attention. You've got some great jars! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.