Scenes from the Country - No. 16

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

We have had an unusual amount of rainfall over the last few weeks and it is springing forth new life. I'm talking about mushrooms! They are popping up everywhere and I do mean popping up. Take a look at this little guy.



Here's a closer look at the fellas in the background.


Cute, huh? I took these sometime mid-morning and later that afternoon, I noticed they had really grown. I mean really grown.


This was literally 6 hours later. Astonishing!


I took this picture of a mature one at the same time I took the first pictures of the smaller ones and when I came back for the second set of pictures he was laying flat and had almost completely disappeared. What a short life span. Look at the babies emerging at his feet.

A reminder that life is short so get out there an enjoy what God has for you!



Here's a Heart Rock for your Pocket:
For as the soil makes the sprout come up...so the Sovereign Lord will make righteousness and praise spring up... Isaiah 61:11

Wishing you God's best,
Elaine


Join me over at:
From My Front Porch to Yours
Share Your Cup
Shabby Art Boutique
French Country Cottage
The Charm of Home
Nancherrow
Romantic Home
Thoughts from Alice
Found and Forged
Dwellings-Heart of Your Home
Inspiration Monday
The Scoop
Home Stories A to Z
Cozy Little House
Beyond the Picket Fence
Coastal Charm
DIY by Design
Ivy & Elephants
Savvy Southern Style
Work It Wednesday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Share Your Cup
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious

2 comments:

  1. Morning Elaine, I so enjoy your uplifting posts, and your choice of Scripture is wonderful. Thanks for being out there and sharing. Amazing mushrooms! Blessings and smiles, Emilou 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those mushrooms really did grow fast! We have had a ton of rain and we have lots of mushrooms popping up in our lawn but no where else. We have been able to turn our sprinklers off for 3 weeks. Very unusual. I've loved the rain, but sure am ready for a little sunshine. Yes, life is short we need to cherish each and every day! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.