Vintage Inspired Coffee/Tea Stations at Home

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

In my kitchen, I have combined vintage items with modern convenience to create two separate drink stations, one for tea and one for coffee. A fun vintage cafe cup always makes either a little more special.
I have a cabinet full of mix matched cups picked up at garage/estate sales and flea markets. It's funny that my family members have their favorites and will search them out.
In my coffee station, I have an old aluminum canister with a flour tag that I found at a junk store in Australia and smuggled home in my luggage (along with many other things). It holds my grandson's "snacks" and s'more fix-in's. When you don't have a campfire, the microwave makes great s'mores!
 An old silver tray holds a Keurig...
...and a vintage glass cookie jar, which holds the K-Cups...
...and a Mason jar contains instant hot chocolate. I also have Mexican hot chocolate and Cinnamon sticks. YUMMO!
A vintage Avon hen makes a great sugar bowl and she's cute.
 At Christmas, I add peppermint sticks, for hot chocolate, in an old tarnished creamer that belonged to my grandma. 
Across the room, I have an electric water kettle (one of my favorite and most used gadgets) and assorted teas in vintage jars, which I absolutely love!
They all sit on a long enamel baking sheet.
This small baking pan is just the right size to hold tea bags. I couldn't have planned it more perfectly! (another smuggled item from AU) 

So, there you have it! I enjoy recycling old items and giving new life to things once discarded. How about a cup of tea?

Here's a Heart Rock for your Pocket:
Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4:13-14

Wishing you God's best,
Elaine

Join me over at:
Tweak it Tuesdays
Coastal Charm
Fishtail Cottage
Shabbilicious
Knick of Time
Funky Junk 
Thoughts from Alice
Craftberry Bush
Liz Marie Blog
Dwellings - The Heart of the Home 
Funday Monday 
Feathered Nest Friday 

7 comments:

  1. I love how you mix and match everything and it all comes together and is so beautiful! You really have a true talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Elaine, the vintage items add quaintness to what otherwise be just ordinary. Love the fun pieces you have used! I smiled because we often use the term yummo! We say it's a combination of saying yum and oh this is so good!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've used these vintage items! So much charm added to the kitchen and useful too! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy. I like items that have a double purpose... decorative and useful!

      Delete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.