2 DIY Christmas Centerpieces - 1 Technique

Sunday, December 7, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Every year I use the same technique to build the centerpieces for my dining tables, but the results are always fresh and new. 

Today I'm sharing the two I've just completed.
All that is required is an interesting container, water, fresh greenery and decorations, which are actually optional depending on your style. 


Let's take a look at the first one.


I began with my old wooden box.
[You may recognize it from my fall decorating in October (see here). I'm all about re-purposing items, since I live in a small house and don't have a lot of storage space.]

I've added fruit jars to hold water and used trimmings from my live Christmas tree as the greenery.
Then, I added small vintage Christmas ornaments.
For my second table, I used an old ice-cream maker.
I have a large flower vase inside to hold water and used the same tree clippings.

For this one, I've added vintage birds.
The two centerpieces are similar, but different.
In your own home, you can tailor the size to your space,
use whatever containers you have available and take fresh clippings from the evergreens in your area. The centerpieces are beautiful with or without decorations.


One of my favorites, from Christmases past, was simply a large clear vase that held clippings from  the Leland Cypress in my yard. I sprayed the branches with hairspray and then immediately dusted with glitter.

DIY, easy and beautiful!

Here's a Heart Rock for your Pocket: 

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6
 
Wishing you God's best,
Elaine


Join me over at:
Amaze Me Monday
Thoughts from Alice
Monday Funday
The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style
Knick of Time
Cozy Little House
Coastal Charm
From My Front Porch to Yours
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious
Fridays Unfolded
Craftberry Bush
Funky Junk
 

4 comments:

  1. great ideas for those of us with a lack of storage. love that ice cream crock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! You have a couple fantastic rustic items that look perfect with the greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat ideas. I have to make one of those vintage boxes.They're so versatile and like you my storage space is limited as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful! Thank you for sharing at THT.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.